1.22.2012

Beeba made it


This is the doll that my mom (affectionately called "Beeba" by little miss) made Claire for Christmas.  Let me just say that it is pretty darn awesome.  And she has never made a doll before.  She told me she 'just kind of pictured' what she wanted, drew up a pattern and went from there.  Easy peasy.  Mmmm hmmm.  I love her.  (the doll, but of course my mama too)  Claire loves her.  (the doll, but of course her beeba too)  So far, no name.  Well, aside from "baby doll" or "beeba baby".  She just named one of her dolls for the first time last week.  The doll that was once "pink baby" is now "Broccoli".  Don't know how she came up with it, but I like it.  But, I digress.  Back to the beeba baby~


She has a belly button.  And little fingers and toes.  And sweet braided hair made from 13 skeins of embroidery floss.

She came with one little velcro cloth diaper and a pink and white dress.  She came in an old wooden doll cradle that Beeba found at an antique store and completed by adding a mattress, pillow and hand-knit blankie.


The next time we saw her, Beeba came bearing two more diapers.  Thought it might be weird for Claire to be changing dolly's diapers and then put the "dirty" one right back on.  So now we have options.  

A week after that, she showed up with the cutest little striped pjs for the doll~  I can see where this is going, and I like it.  Soon enough this dolly is going to have quite the wardrobe.

And maybe, just maybe, even a name.


2 comments:

  1. Precious! She did great on the doll! I had no idea your mom sewed. My mom made Jonah and Noah sock monkeys for Christmas. :) I love, love, LOVE homemade gifts. You cannot put a price on them. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! She does a bit here and there, but mostly she knits and crochets. Handmade gifts are most definitely the best kind there are, I think~ mwah!

      Delete

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~