2.17.2011

it's about her, after all...

Ever since Claire's birthday, dozens of photos from our past year have graced the walls of our dining room.   Originally intended as decorations for our impromptu dinner party, I didn't have the heart to take them down.  She thinks they are fabulous, and she was wanting to be picked up and walked around the room so she could see them all.... all the time.  Occasionally, she'd get one in her little hands and I'd gently take it back and stick it back on the wall.  We played this game many times.  And then I realized that I was taking them and putting them back so she wouldn't mess them up.  Hmmmm.  And then I realized how very silly that was, and I started letting her hang onto/lick/crumple them when she wanted one.  And then I decided it'd be a whole lot easier to just hang them down lower.  On her level.  Because it's about her, after all... not me, and most certainly not about keeping photos that cost $0.09 each intact and wrinkle-free.  Wake up, mama!






And I like them a whole lot down there, too!  (hmmmmm....... anyone have an irresistible urge to do some trim painting?  It seems my desire to do so stopped about a year ago... not that it made it very far)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~