2.14.2011

FRESH pictures

A week or so ago I wrote briefly about a photo project that I was working on, but didn't give any specifics.  I was asked to take the photos for a local restaurant's website, and I wanted to make sure it all came out well before mentioning it to anyone.  Until now, with the exception of the wedding of some close friends, I've only taken pictures for photo cards or prints.  Never anything really for someone else, at least not in the terms of them specifying what they wanted and me presenting them with that in exchange for payment.  Or, in this case, payment and a credit at the restaurant.  (It involves food? even better!)  Not that this was all that specific, but still, there was the sense that it needed to come out right.  I have turned down opportunities for paid photo jobs before; a couple weddings and a family portrait, for several reasons.  One, because of the potential pressure when there are people and posing and such involved.  Two, I am just not all that good yet and I have a lot (A LOT!) to learn about photography before getting to a place where I may think so.  And three,  I think I just really prefer working with inanimate objects.  Of course I take (and enjoy taking) a ton of photos of my little world and the people in it on an almost daily basis, but that's different.... those are just for me, for us, not really for anyone else.  And there are certainly no expectations.

In the interest of putting myself out there a bit, (in that I am sharing something personal, not in the networking sense) here are some of my favorite pictures from this project....




















Yes, this is where the tiramisu came from.... and it was DEEE-licious!  If you live around here and you've not yet eaten at FRESH, do.  It's quite good.  If you like wood fired pizza, pasta, beer, wine, mussels, tiramisu, cannolis, flourless mocha tortes, lots of garlic, and fresh wood fired bread, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~