2.09.2011

all is well~

Things have been fairly quiet around here lately and I haven't had much to write about...  Claire had her one year check-up and all was well, Claire and I went to court and all was well (well, I'm now minus $75 after paying for her speeding ticket after it got knocked down, but luckily they dismissed her charge of driving with an expired license...silly child! Doesn't she know better?) and well, basically, all is well~

It is still chilly and Winter is still here and I'm sure there's more snow yet to be enjoyed, but the birds are a singin' and the bulbs are thinking of coming up.  It sounds like Spring when I hear the chirping in the morning... and so hearing that and not paying attention to the thermometer right there in the window that clearly shows that it is not Spring yet, I am usually one or two layers behind on my bundling up when I go out to visit the hens.  We are getting 2 eggs a day every day now.  Well, every day except for that day a couple weeks ago when Wolfie had one of the girls by her tail through the fence.... Mike heard the sounds of "screaming", went running and rescued the poor girl.  She was fine.  Oh, that dog.  Was he just herding, or was he tasting?  Who knows.  Looks like the ladies will be roaming in their own yard for a while still...  I know I certainly wouldn't have laid an egg that day either!

compliments of Henrietta or Mabel, our Red Stars who appear to be taking turns laying each day, and Pearl, our Buff Orpington

We have Bee School coming up this weekend and the following two as well and I am so looking forward to learning more about the world of honeybees and getting our hives in the Spring!  Another adventure~  I suppose we'll probably stop there though, at least when it comes to adding more living things (fauna, anyway) to our little yard.  A goat?  A cow?  No, I don't think so....  not here, not now.

Claire has received some pretty cute handmade gifts lately and I'm feeling motivated to get crafty again so that I don't have to try to make everything for the market this year the week before it starts.  I am feeling like I've got quite a bit more time on my hands now that this little one is content to play at my feet or on her own for longer stretches now.  Of course, I love playing with her too, but it's good for both of us to do our own thing in each other's company from time to time.  Many months ago I probably wouldn't have believed it if someone told me I wouldn't be holding her constantly for the rest of her life, but look at that~ I'm not after all.  Huh.

adorable hand knit doll from Grace and finally, her own owl from mama!

thanks Windy for the super cute handmade hat!

I think it's pretty super cute on her, too!


Okay.  So, with this time I feel like I now have I will get some stuff made, get the etsy site going, and do some preparation for the market.  There.  I said it.  So now I have to do it, right?  Right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~