2.11.2014

tea, honey, snow



we cracked open the last jar of honey yesterday.  granted, it's a big one- a half gallon.  but still.  at the rate I'm drinking hot tea this winter (especially now that I'm mostly avoiding coffee) we will definitely be buying some honey again before we're harvesting more.  which is a-okay.  we have seen activity from both of our hives on the balmy days we've had this winter, so we're hoping for two strong hives that are ready to go once spring arrives.

I'm following The Fault in Our Stars with The Joy Luck Club, recently given to me by my neighbor (same woman who recommended The Snow Child, so honestly, I'll read anything she gives me).

Yesterday schools closed early after snow had been falling for a couple hours and so we altered our schedule for after-school art classes so as to meet the kids off the bus early and go home a couple hours earlier than usual.  Claire came along and we were greeted back home by papa throwing snowballs at the car.  A good-natured and brief snowball fight commenced, followed by our first real snowman made at home with her.  ever.



everyone's out getting groceries and buying snow shovels and sleds, milk and bread.  or so I'm guessing.  (I already bought my sled the other day and we're fairly stocked in the grocery department) they're calling for 8-10" of snow in our area, starting sometime between 6am and early tomorrow afternoon and continuing through Thursday morning.  I say bring it, winter.  let's go out with a decent snow storm!

hoping there is some decent sledding, more snowball fights and snowman-making, lots of fireside reading with tea very nearby, some knitting, and movies in our near future.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. is this all going to be rain for you? I know you're wanting snow! I'll cross my fingers for a few extras degrees to drop and turn it to the white stuff for you guys.

      Delete
    2. So far it's been all rain and flickering power, but now I am hearing it may turn to snow so we will see.

      Delete
  2. All we are getting is rain, rain and more rain. Have a great time in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rain in winter can be so dreary.... hope the sunshine comes your way soon!

      Delete
  3. stay warym! We are getting 1-3? ish. or 4-8ish depending on who you listen to. I have the food so it can do what it wants to outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. while our woodpile is dwindling, it is still sufficiently high to keep the fire fed- warm is not a problem! we ended up with just about 7.5 inches at our place. fun, fun, fun! it was sledding and chili and fireside reading and valentine's making, with just a tiny touch of stir crazy snappiness ;)

      Delete

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~