2.11.2016

february this and that



bright flowers don our dining room windowsills these days.  tulips, mini irises, primrose, and daffodils..... leftover from her birthday party, they help liven things up a bit in the generally cold and greyish february days.

lunchtime

another round of elderberry-syrup-making, thanks to (and in efforts to further keep at bay) the february funk.

she has discovered that, while my answer is often 'no' when she asks for permission to watch a movie or show (preferring to keep it to just once or twice on weekends, and once or twice during the week), I will almost always say 'yes' to her yoga video(s).  but of course.

valentine fun.  she sent sweet little hearts out in the mail to her grandparents and greatgrands the other day.  a friend asked if we'd like to go over to a local assisted-living facility with her and her daughter to visit with folks and pass some more love around this weekend.  yes, I think.  yes.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely! Yay for yoga and passing the love around. I made some elderberry syrup for myself and dummies (vegan! :) ) for the boys and it does the trick. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love elderberry syrup. and I think I took an entire bottle of my homemade immune blend tincture over the last week! whew!

      Delete
  2. What yoga for kids dvds do you recommend? Trying to encourage more of that with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have this one: http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Motion-DVD-Kids-Ages/dp/B005MVZRTG

      and this one: http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Kids-Ages-Marsha-Wenig/dp/B00062DKMM/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1455334155&sr=1-3&keywords=Marsha+Wenig

      the first one is a woman teaching the postures, the second one has a bunch of kids and is a bit 'looser' - postures are called by fun names and there is some singing, etc. I find it a tad cheesy (the woman calls herself "Mrs. Yoga") and keep thinking it may start seeming young for her (for Claire, who is 6) soon, but she LOVES it. she likes them both, but says she likes (Yoga Kids) the best.

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness, love jojo. did you see that me before you is coming out as a movie? i'm curious if you have a favorite kid yoga recommendation too - i have no desire to weed through all the choices out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID see that! I hope, hope, hope that it is great- it can be so disappointing to watch a movie based on a favorite book......

      I linked to the two dads we have in the comment above- hope that helps! (they are both, I'd say, for kids in the 2-7ish range)

      Delete
  4. love it all! that yoga shot is so adorable :) we have daffodils and crocuses as well... but they are popping up and blooming from the ground :) SO exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. much as I've come to like winter....... I am feeling ready for warmth and sunshine and bulbs bursting forth from the ground!

      Delete

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~