7.01.2011

about last night...

So, last night was pretty darn terrific.  I went to a local brewery for a fundraiser and showing of the trailer for the Farmer's Film, a collaborative effort between some very talented friends of mine who are producing it and local farmers.  Mike was working at the fire department, so it was just us girls.  When we arrived we were greeted by several of my former students at the Montessori school and their wonderful parents.  Even though I had anticipated seeing some of these folks there, it was still a very nice surprise and along with visiting with them, I had the chance to catch up with a friend who was tending the bar.  Claire watched the bluegrass musicians play and was mesmerized by the cloggers, who invited her to dance along with them.  She happily accepted after her requisite 'warming-up' period.

I purchased a sticker for $10 to help raise funds for this worthwhile project and then ended up winning an amazing door prize.  A gift certificate for a one hour massage (with none other than this wonderful therapist whom, until Claire was born, I had seen regularly for 3 years!), an enormous and beautiful bouquet of flowers from this fine grower and a box filled with local artisan cheeses from nearby Looking Glass Creamery.  Some door prize, huh?  I was psyched.  I mean really, a massage, flowers and cheese?  Good grief, those are 3 of my very favorite things.  



I don't venture out a whole lot these days, but I am very very glad I did last night.

Here's to local farms, good food, fresh flowers, and putting your money where your mouth (and heart) are~  Even if it's just a bit here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~