5.08.2011

Mother's Day Haiku

we walk hand in hand
I step once then pause for her
she looks up and smiles




Walking with her this way I feel more like a mother than ever..... something about the slowing down of walking hand in hand with a toddler and the rhythm you naturally fall into..... it makes my heart swell and my eyes fill with tears.  And then I stop myself and think this, this right here, is what it is all about. It is what makes all the challenges and trying times seem so, so trivial and insignificant.  And I am reminded that these moments are fleeting, both the difficult and the overwhelmingly beautiful ones, and that I had better pay attention and immerse myself in the rhythm of slow toddler meandering as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~