4.12.2011

out and about: Old Fort


I have lived in Western North Carolina for about 8 1/2 years now and there are still so many places I have yet to explore.  Restaurants to try, waterfalls to see, swimming holes to jump into, mountains to climb, campsites to experience, museums and historic sites to take in....  It seems that each year as the weather turns warmer, I set a goal of exploring a bit more.  Typically I fall way short of what I'd hoped to see and do, but here we are with another season of exploring upon us.

Maybe this will be the year I'll really get out there and give my eyes and taste buds something to think about.

Sounds like a good plan to me.  I bet Claire will be on board with it, too~  And I'm thinking we can probably convince papa to come along on several adventures as well.

Last week she and I headed over the mountain to Old Fort to buy some plant starts off of a nice woman's front porch and to explore Curtis Creek.  We walked down to the creek and watched some men fly-fishing, we chased our shadows and played with rocks and sticks.  We came home with lettuce, broccoli, cabbage and some new memories and experiences.











definitely gonna have to look into free Mountain Music Fridays....


I'm thinking one of the many perks of being a mama is all the exploring yet to come.  With an excellent partner at my side, no less!  That, and the way she's reminding me how to see things with fresh eyes, as if for the first time, every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~