2.22.2011

a diaper haiku

on the line again
wave like prayer flags in the wind
oh it makes me smile



Yesterday I wrote that few things bring me the satisfaction that an empty sink and a clean countertop do. To the list I must add hanging the diapers on the clothesline.  It's not that I love laundry in general, and certainly not dirty diapers... but hanging the clean diapers out on the line to let the sunshine work it's magic?  I like it.  A lot.  Looks like party decorations in our back yard.

2 comments:

  1. my last house had a proper clothesline and I LOVED hanging my girl's diapers on it.

    now we are in a rental and though i still dry outside, it's on a great big drying rack. it does a great job drying, but doesn't have the same visual affect. enjoy the moments. they come and go so quickly. it's hard to say goodbye to that first year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, the visual aspect of clothes on a line is definitely one of the reasons I love it so much! hard to fit much though..... time for a second line. it took me until about the 3rd or 4th month to really see how quickly it does pass and I am feeling a bit bittersweet as we enter year 2.... though I enjoyed reading your post about how it keeps getting better and better ;) makes me so look forward to the language explosion coming up for us!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~