12.27.2010

.....winding down, and winding up again.....

LOVE
Claire and papa bundled for Winter Wonderland walk, take 2
snow covered wise men keeping watch over the neighborhood
somehow, this box of deliciousness was forgotten about (!) as it sat in my stocking for almost 2 whole days!  I am actively "remembering" it now~


The holiday fun is starting to wind down a bit around here as leftovers are being consumed, gifts played with, and quite a bit less Christmas music being listened to.  The winter storm brought us about 9 inches of powdery, beautiful snow which shows no signs of going anywhere just yet.  All the better to keep us cozy and snug by the fire, with good reason not to venture out too far.  At least not by car.  I've been in my pajamas since late yesterday afternoon (it is now late afternoon, again) and I think I may just keep them on a while longer.  Why not?  The chickens don't seem to mind that I'm in my thermal pants and snow boots when I bring them fresh water and corn, after all.

The day after tomorrow we will drive 10 hours to go visit with family and friends up in New Jersey, where they also received a large amount of snow.  Hopefully, the weather and roads (and Claire) will cooperate with us.  Once again, the holiday festivities will commence as we celebrate the season with more loved ones.  Our hens and dear Ziggy (our cat) will be looked after by friends, and Wolfie will come on the adventure with us.  Now, to add packing and digging out my car to my list of things to do.  Soon.  

For now, I'm enjoying the quiet days spent snacking around the fire, watching Claire play and explore.  At the same time, I am so very excited for this upcoming visit, to get her up North to play with all of these people who are such a huge and important part of her world.  And surely, there will be much snacking and fireside play up there as well~

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~