8.25.2018

late summer beach trip, part two :: carnival and aquarium fun























We snuck in a trip to the aquarium (homeschoolers get one free family visit per year!) and some fun carnival/fair rides and games during our recent trip to the beach.  The great big "Fun Slide" was a big hit, for sure- as was the ferris wheel.  I realized as we were riding up and around that big wheel that I feel more secure in the ones where you sit two or three astride and face out, as opposed to these that merely dangle from some unseen and hopefully very secure bolt or something.  Sigh.  This mama doesn't always have an easy time trusting carnival rides, but I get by.  The swing made me feel like I was going to barf though.  I kept thinking the sheer power of centrifugal force was going to loosen my swing and fly me across town to land smack into a building or something.  Obviously, happily, that did not in fact happen.  Good thing too, because that really would have put a damper on our beach trip.


Claire, I'd like to note, is much braver than I.

Also, ice cream.  Of course.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE that you captured carnival ride pictures!!! i am not a fan of the rides either (although in my teenage years would ride EVERYTHING). my kids are also much braver than i am but in the last year or so i have really felt them encouraging my own bravery and it makes me feel so ALIVE! and i love them even more for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I used to LOVE rollercoasters, and now the big swings make me want to hurl! ooph. All I really like about them now is watching her enjoy them. Also- carnival rides are generally pretty photogenic ;)

      Delete

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~