9.20.2012

leisure. and such.

these last two (somewhat chilly, almost fall) nights have found Mike and I curled up on the couch together watching a few episodes of the first season of Downton Abbey on netflix~  it seems the authors of a few of the blogs I read regularly are quite into it, and so I thought I'd give it a shot.  I've got to say, after about 2 1/2 years (mmm, however old dear Claire is, approximately...) of very little television or movie watching on my part, it feels rather nice to sit passively and lose myself a bit in a make believe world.

tonight, after dinner and bath time and a relatively easy bedtime for the little miss, it was popcorn and dark chocolate covered coconut clusters to snack on as we watched.

I could get used to this.

there is a part of me that is beginning to very distinctly feel like I'm slowly getting back bits of myself and my freedoms that I have set aside these early years of mothering (I found it interesting to re-read what I wrote over a year ago about the very same thing)...... it has been my experience that the world of attachment-parenting can set you up for a rather slow retrieval of those bits and pieces.  especially if you aren't actively seeking them and mindful of looking out for such things.



I hereby intend to be ever mindful of such things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~