3.04.2012

March 4 - Hunger Games


I was quite consumed by these books over the last week.  Very different from my usual book choices, but much enjoyed.  I am both sad to be done with them and happy to know I won't be up until ridiculously late hours reading anymore.  I finished the last one late last night and then, for the first time in a long time, possibly ever, I went into Claire's room and brought her into my bed with me.  Thereby waking her up.  But I wanted her close.  Something about all that tragedy in all those young people's lives just made me want to hold her close.

Keep her safe from the Capitol and all, you know.

Now I am looking forward to a movie/lunch date with my main squeeze in a few weeks when it comes out.  Much of it was filmed around here, very close by, and so it will be fun to try to recognize the scenery some.

And now back to a memoir~ Population 485, by Michael Perry, who also wrote Truck: A Love Story, and Coop: A Year of Poultry, Pigs, and Parenting.  Two books that both Mike and I also enjoyed reading together.  Claire's middle name, Annelise, was even inspired by his real-life love. (Michael Perry's that is...as far as I know, I'm pretty sure I'm my Mike's real-life love)

Those are corn muffins on top of the books.  Claire told papa she wanted cupcakes for breakfast so he made her some muffins.  Mmm-mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~