11.09.2011

NOT like riding a bike


It seems that knitting, for me, is not like riding a bicycle.  Not when 8 or 9 months pass between projects.

I cast on to make a new pair of legwarmers (the old ones still work, though they're a bit short) for Claire.  And then I pulled it all apart.  I repeated that sequence of trying and failing 5, maybe 6 times before I finally got it right.  Those double-pointed needles always make me feel like Edward Scissorhands at first, and then I had too many stitches, and then too few,  and then an odd number instead of the even that I needed for the ribbing, and then I dropped some stitches and thought it'd be easier to start over than to try and fix it.

But then I got it.  And I now have about 2 inches of one red legwarmer.

Fingers crossed, I now bravely move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~