11.11.2011

a new ride


Shortly after Claire was born we were lucky to inherit a child's bike seat.  It sat in our storage shed for over a year and just the other day Mike kindly mounted it onto my bike.

A neglected bike that had not been used for many, many years.  I bought it (instead of a computer, like most of my friends) with my high school graduation money about 13 years ago and treated it well and used it quite often for a few years.  And then it sat.

And sat.

Hopefully now it will see much more regular use.  I swapped out the hard, narrow seat for a nice cushy one, got some road tires and plan to add a nice little basket.  Because surely with a nice little basket on it I will be tempted to ride it into town often to fill said nice little basket with wonderful things like library books, croissants from the bakery, and other generally great items as Claire and I ride around town and beyond exploring and laughing with the sunshine on our shoulders.  Right?  Yes, right.

I haven't taken her for a spin in it yet.  She and Mike rode to the post office and back up the greenway and he tells me that she waved at their shadows along the way, saying "Hi Claire, hi papa".


She's pretty into shadows lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~