8.11.2011

A week of Thich Nhat Hanh : day three

Hugging Meditation


Breathing in,
I am so happy to hug my beloved.
Breathing out,
I know she is real and alive in my arms.


verse 25 from Present Moment, Wonderful Moment
Mindfulness Verses for Daily Living






I'm big on hugs for the people I love dearly.  Strong hugs.  Ones that last a while.  It is quite important that both arms be used in such a hug unless there are extenuating circumstances (broken arm, holding something that is on fire....) making it impossible for one of the huggers to do so.

I was pleasantly surprised to read this verse, reminding us to be mindful when we hug and notice it (holding our loved ones in our arms) for the gift it truly is.

We are not here forever.  And so, we must remember to show our loved ones the love and gratitude we feel for them while we are here.  While they are here.  We are reminded of this when tragedy strikes and we or someone we know lose someone.  And then we are a bit better about remembering and connecting.  For a while.

I hope to hug deeply, remember and connect more regularly.

Because really, isn't that what it's all about?


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~