6.23.2011

rainy mornings with a good soundtrack



We are having a slow and rainy morning around here.  Lately I find these are my favorite kind of mornings.

So peaceful. 

Mike got the rain barrels hooked up yesterday (just in time for an afternoon rain), and I enjoy hearing the swooshing and tinkling sounds of them filling up, bit by bit.

With interest sparked by a mention of his music in a novel I recently finished, I am now loving listening to the Andres Segovia Pandora station.  Not sure if the other members in the house are appreciating it's nearly nonstop playing for the last few days, but it's so good I can't turn it off.  And it just seems to be the perfect soundtrack for these rainy days, somehow making me feel less guilty for staying in my pjs late and not getting much done aside from reading, playing, and generally lazing about.

Breakfast with my girl continues to be one of the highlights of my day.  It is slow paced and generally relaxed.  I tell her about whatever it is I think I'd like to do with the day and she either approves or presents an alternative.  And then we either go along with one of the plans or throw it all to the side and continue on in pjs immersed in stories for a bit longer.  Or go and see the chickens.  Weed the garden.  Either way, not bad.

Of course there are the things that need to be done around the house, projects still in the works or not yet begun.  Of course.  Spending a lot of my time at home makes those things rattle around in my head a bit sometimes and so occasionally something gets marked off the list.  Though I admit it is usually by papa and not me.  More often, the time spent at home has the opposite effect and makes me add something to the list.  Oh well.  I remember to keep it in perspective, knowing that the drywall mud still in need of sanding isn't nearly as important as reading her favorite books with her or stacking and re stacking (and re stacking) the nesting blocks or rolling pieces of wood down the slide (or, or, or.....).  

And so, off I go to do just that.  Or whatever alternative she presents.  The sun is peeking through enough that maybe it's time for a little neighborhood stroll~

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~