5.26.2011

a creative space for mama

Recently I'd often find myself with thoughts of making and doing something, but unable to find the things I needed and not thrilled about taking over the dining table in order to work on whatever it was.  But now.... well, now I have a sweet little space that seems to be working so far.  I claimed a little space for myself in the computer/office/drum room.  A space to create, to plan, to organize.  I like it.  It's not incredibly spacious and it's not fancy.  (I love that word.  'Fancy')  But it's just what I needed.


some inspiring reads
a peek at my bulletin/inspiration board:




the fabulous woman pictured below is my grandmother, Willene~ at right, an old photo of her on her front porch with my uncle as a wee one and at left a beautiful photo of her taken on a camping trip in Western North Carolina last October


buttons awaiting grandeur

Feels mighty fine to have created this little nook for myself.  And I'm happy to report that last Friday night (the night before the 2nd market) I was in bed by 11PM as opposed to the nearly 3AM of the previous week.  I'm working on it, yes I am.  This week has been a bit hectic with papa being quite ill and lots to do before a somewhat lengthy trip away from home coming up this weekend, and so I've not gotten as much done in the "stock replenishing" category as I had by this time last week, but that's alright.  Life is about so much more than always having it together.

As if I know anything about that.  I aim for having it together, somewhat, at least the majority(ish) of the time, but my perception of what "having it together" means certainly changes with whatever life is throwing my way.  Far as I'm concerned, as long as I've got my two loves by my side and we're all happy and healthy and feeling good.... that's pretty damn together.

Here's to spaces that bring some welcome calm and order, and to happy and healthy loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~