12.09.2010

busy, busy, busy


Today I tried to organize my piles of crafty what-nots that have recently taken over many areas in our home.  They all fit quite nicely in this little corner of the dining room, I do think.  However, it's not really very practical for me to get any work done on anything while it's all sitting neatly and packed away like this, so.......... let's take a look and see where we're at~


 Ah, the knitting basket.  Each year, for the last 3 years, I've learned to knit.  Again.  This year, I'm hoping it will stick.  Surely the way to get it to do just that is to have lots of knitting projects, and so that's what I have planned.  A hat for the wee one and one for myself, a sweater (!) and some soft blocks for Claire, and perhaps a couple of gifts for others as well.  Mike however, will not be getting one as he has already sweetly informed me that he's "really not into knitted clothing", so I suppose that will save me some time.


squares on their way to becoming soft blocks for the little lady
  

 cards ready to bring to the Holiday Art and Craft Market this Saturday in Riceville~

 recycled sweater stuffed animals waiting patiently to become owls and bears and find new homes at the market~

the finished product~












And there we have it!  There are a few other projects tucked in this corner, but they are ones that will fit in nicely in a future holiday posting, so I'll work on them a bit more and then share them later~

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~