8.11.2020

Wow, 2020

 Well. It's been a while. 


I think that's likely how I've started the last several posts here in this dusty old space. A place I've only showed up in the last couple years to share my annual birthday gratitudes and books-read lists. A place where, in spite of that, I can come and lose myself easily for hours looking through old photos and musings and ramblings from early motherhood. Nostalgia, you know. It sings its siren song loud and clear for me and I dive right in. 


Even the yearly homeschool round-up posts fell to the wayside. Even our 11,000 mile road trip last summer went unacknowledged here. Alas.


But here we are, 3/4 of the way through a year that has churned things up and set so much of the world on fire in so many ways. I don't have words for all of it right now but something lead me to peek in here after not doing so for months and so now I'm thinking and wondering what will become of this little space. Will it continue being just a landing spot for my beloved lists and an archive of our family's earlier days together? Maybe. 

Instagram is great, but I'm not known for brevity and sometimes I've got so much to say. And 2020 has brought so much to the surface and brought big things our way personally as well.  So. We'll see. 


Anyway, hello.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I read your blog for years before I ever found you on Instagram and this post just popped up in my Bloglovin feed. I, for one, wish more people would go back to blogging. Instagram is my favorite social media, but I would give it all up to go back to good ol’ blog reading again if I could!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I miss it too in many ways- I love the convenience of easily documenting my days via instagram, but there's an expansiveness with blogs that instagram can't touch.

      Delete
  2. I’d love to go back to blogging too, like the previous commenter. It’s so much slower, and gives you so much more space; for writing, but also mentally — it doesn’t require constant scrolling and a flood of images and information.

    I hope you come back to this space! I love reading your writing, but don’t like going on Instagram at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mirva!! Oh gosh yes that expansiveness with a blog is so nice when compared to the pace and constant input of instagram and such. I enjoy the conversations and connections on instagram, but find it hard not to get overwhelmed and sucked in....

      Delete

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~