9.12.2018

around here :: fleeting summer days



A bit of juicing, a bit of elderberry medicine-making, a bit of silliness in the form of bathroom mirror selfies....  some art-making and bike-riding and kraut-making.  Asian pear butter, pickles, hot sauce, salsa.  Got the garlic trimmed and cleaned for storage.  Loads of veggies, and happy dolls finding a new perch in her bedroom window.  (I love that she still loves her dolls and I so hope that love lasts a good bit longer).

Much as I love autumn and her general crispness and startlingly blue skies, I find myself hanging on this year, just a bit, to these fleeting late summer days.  The crickets are so loud at night, practically screaming of summer's impending end, but the sunshine stills falls heavy and pleasant on my shoulders.  I am loving the cooler nights and mornings that often necessitate a sweater, and I see the light changing its game in a way that day-to-day seems to be sneaky and slight but when taken by the week is actually quite startling.  And so, I am both basking in the midday sun and enjoying the barefoot-ness of this time of year, and happily awaiting the increase in hot tea drinking and sweater-wearing.  It's a good time of year.  My favorite.



8 comments:

  1. I always love the moments from your life you chose to share here 💗 I hope you get to hold on for a little while longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) Today was another beautiful summer day and now we are hunkering down for the storm this weekend!

      Delete
  2. your photos and posts are always so beautiful. They always cause me to pause and actually feel them. You and I seem to love the same things. And seems most of them are slower paced:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, you've got me pegged! A lover of slow things, I most certainly am~ I can find so much joy in a laundry line or a cup of tea.

      And thank you for your kind words- I can feel the sincerity behind them.

      Delete
  3. Your photos are so cozy and inspiring. .. always nice to come to this space of yours for a visit :)

    Luisa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Luisa! I so appreciate your kind words :)

      Delete
  4. absolutely beautiful! lovely end of summer capture! i love the end of season cricket songs, but my ears are terribly plugged from a cold i have had for weeks!!! and i cannot hear them :( oh well, in a way i am enjoying the "silence". in a house with so many children i rarely enjoy this much quiet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are feeling much better and you can hear the crickets songs again soon! (and I love the way you are finding the silver lining in clogged ears~ ha!)

      Delete

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~