6.12.2012

tea for three


There was a tea party for three on our front porch last week.  I wanted to show my grandmother a bit of our day-to-day world while she was here, so we took Claire to one of the local playgrounds and walked around the lake afterwards.  On the way back home, we (ahem) just happened to stop by the bakery to pick up some yummies.  Armed with a snickerdoodle cookie, a cherry turnover, and a sticky pecan croissant, we made tea and headed out to the porch.  Claire wasn't terribly impressed with the sweets and paid more attention to the cheese and pears.  That was fine by us.  We took the high road and did most of the hard work of eating the baked goods ourselves, my grandma and I.

I said something along the lines of wouldn't it be wonderful if life was all about sitting on porches and eating baked goods and drinking tea in good company on lazy, breezy, early summer afternoons (yes, I know it's really still spring) and she said something along the lines of well then we'd never get anything done.  To which I replied something along the lines of sure, we could throw in a load of clothes and wash some dishes and weed the garden every now and then.  It'd be alright.  We'd work it all out.





4 comments:

  1. love it. and totally with you - you'll appreciate my post for tomorrow then ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks~ I'll have to check in and see what you've got up your sleeve. I'm now wondering if it will have to do with taking it easy or with sweets. Maybe both?

      Delete
  2. yes, i agree with you. a little nothingness does a soul good, gives it room to stretch it's wings and soar for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true~ and there's a balance, for sure. I need to start thinking about what to take on over the summer so that the nothingness remains blissful and dosed out in small chunks, instead of creeping in and becoming dull and tiresome. for now though, I', welcoming it fully~

      Delete

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~