11.01.2011

wood update

I chopped some fire wood today.  Not much.  Maybe a total of about 15 or 20 pieces (as in 15 or 20 being the total outcome, not 15 large logs).

Still, it felt really good.

Mike and I both finished reading The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball last week and I thoroughly enjoyed the read and came away inspired.  Inspired to do more hard chores, inspired to think about the possibility of one day doing something useful with some of my grandfather's land up in the Adirondacks, inspired to keep chipping away at the little things that we do around here to try to make our 1/3 acre lot feel just a teeny tiny bit like a homestead.

Next up, I'm gonna get the mister to teach me to run the chainsaw.  We have an apple stump that needs to be leveled and I figure that's a good place to start.

Chainsaws and splitting wood.  Such a lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~