5.23.2011

six dollar chair


About six dollars too many if you ask Mike.

I bought this chair at Goodwill a few days ago for six bucks but I couldn't fit it in the car with Claire and the groceries.  Mike kindly went back the next day to retrieve it for me.

He came home, threw me a funny little sideways glance and said "that's some chair you got there".

To which I replied "but did you sit in it? It's great!"

To which he replied "I didn't want to sit in it.... it's gross!"

hmph.  I think it's pretty great.  I like sitting cross-legged on the floor.  I appreciate this chair's low, squat stature.  This is the perfect chair for my kind of sitting.

Needs a cushion for the back, maybe some paint, maybe a new seat cushion cover.... but I see it's potential.

Taking suggestions on color schemes.... what color does this beauty want to be?

3 comments:

  1. A sunny yellow. I love it too. Total score. Guys just don't get it, but that's OK. We love them anyhow - especially when they are still willing to do the heavy lifting. :) Yes a sunny yellow with a pretty pillow covered in some Anna Maria Horner fabric if you like her stuff...it's my favorite. I also like Amy Butler, especially for home projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, yes I love Anna Maria Horner's fabric but sadly I've never actually made anything with it or much of anything else. Hand sewing and I get along great but I still need to get a machine and get oriented... soon.... there are too many curtains and pillow cases and cute little dresses calling my name to make them that I can't wait much longer! I like the yellow idea.... hopefully I'll have an after picture to post sometime soon(ish)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some nice cotton or linnen print- maybe something Umbrella print style http://www.etsy.com/shop/umbrellaprints although it is a bit spendy...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~