1.19.2011

here a chicken, there a chicken~

These last two days have been a bit warmer and the hens are spending a lot of their time outside, scratching around and looking for bugs and missed corn kernels.  We're still waiting for eggs, but I know they will come.  Soon, I think.  The molting has come and gone and they seem to be getting more comfortable in their new home, but the shorter days of Winter are still holding them back, I suppose.  That's alright.  They are so much fun to watch as they strut about, kicking their legs high in the air while scratching around looking for something good to eat.

I have finally gotten the Buff Orpington to eat out of my hand (she has always been the shyest of the group), it seems our bullying issues have been worked out, and I've noticed that one of the Red Stars tends to hang back in the coop more than the other.... slowly we are gaining a little bit of insight into each one's own little personality.  Or maybe it's chickenality?  Hmmmm.  Anyway, we're happy they are here.  And the names?  Well, we're still working on that.  Honestly, I don't think either of us has given it that much thought.  Maybe we'll give it some thought soon.





thinking about laying some eggs, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for taking the time to read and comment~